aim’n respects your privacy!
This policy sets out how we use your information and provides you with information about the personal data
we collect, how we keep it secure, how we ensure your privacy is maintained and your rights relating to the
personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you purchase or use any of our products or services, if you visit our stores or shop
online or use your mobile device and provides you with information about:
- THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
- WHO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH
- TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
- HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA
- YOUR RIGHTS
- THE LEGAL BASIS FOR USING PERSONAL DATA
- HOW TO CONTACT US
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- POLICY UPDATES
WHO WE ARE
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important and we are
committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of the visitors to our websites and our customers by
keeping your personal data secure and respecting your privacy rights.
We will always handle your data fairly and legally and are committed to being transparent about the data we
collect and how we use it.
We don't rent or trade information about you with other organisations and businesses.
● THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information about you:
● your name
● your age or date of birth
● your gender
● your contact details (postal, billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail address)
● details of your purchases and orders
● information about any services we provide to you
● your on-line browsing activities on our websites
● your account login details, including user name(s) and password(s)
● when you purchase or order products and services, your bank account or payment card details
● your communication and marketing preferences
● your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
● your location
● your IP address
● your correspondence and communications with us
● publicly available personal data, including any you have shared via public platforms and social media.
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
The types of data listed above is not exhaustive and, in some instances, we may need to collect additional data
for the purposes set out in this policy or to provide you with certain products and services.
We may collect some of the above personal data directly from you, for example when you set up an account
on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly,
for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who
have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
● HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATAHOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
The information we collect may be used to:
● provide products and services to you
● process your orders
● take payment from you or provide you with a refund
● manage any account(s) that you hold with us
● mange any reward or loyalty programs you participate in
● verify your identity and ensure that our customers are genuine
● detect and/or prevent crime or fraud, and related purposes
● carry our statistical analysis
● conduct market research
● help us understand more about you as a customer
● personalise your shopping experience
● tailored our websites to you
● improve our services, stores, apps and websites
● contact you about products and services
● provide online advertising
● help answer your questions and solve any issues you have
● manage customer service interactions with you
We will only use your personal data for marketing purposes with your consent. We may do this by post, email,
text message, online or through social media, push notifications via apps, or other electronic means and will
aim to update you only about those products and services you are interested in or which relevant to you.
You may amend your marketing preferences and have the right to opt out of receiving promotional
communications at any time, by:
● changing the marketing preferences on your account(s)
● clicking the “unsubscribe” link in our emails
● contacting us (see HOW TO CONTACT US )
We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but we will still need to send you occasional
As part of the registration process for our newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that
information to: tell you about our offers, products and services; contact you if we need to obtain or provide
additional information; check our records are correct and up-to-date; and make sure that you’re happy and
satisfied with our services. To do so we use a third-party provider, Dotmailer, to deliver our newsletter. We
gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and
improve our newsletter. For more information about this, please see Dotmailer’s privacy notice. You can
unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails or by
contacting us (see HOW TO CONTACT US ).
If you are a member of any of our reward or loyalty schemes we may collect data directly from you, as well as
analysing your browsing and purchasing activity, both on-line and in store, and your responses to marketing
communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to personalise
the information and offers we send to you, make that are relevant to you and understand more about you as a
customer. We use software and other technology (automated processing) to do this.
If you visit our websites, you may receive personalised advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any
such advertisements will relate to the products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your
computer or other devices. These advertisements are provided by us through specialist providers using
When you visit our websites, we use service providers, like Google Analytics , to collect internet
log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to understand how visitors use our
websites. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
● WHO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITHO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH
We work with partners, suppliers, service providers and agencies and may need to share your personal
information with them to provide certain services. However, we will only do so where they meet our standards
for processing data and have confirmed that they have appropriate data protection and security controls in
place. We will only share information with them that is necessary for them to provide services to us or directly
to you and our contracts with them prevent them from using your personal information for any other
● Supplier Partners - trusted partners who supply products and services on our behalf
● Delivery Partners - for you to receive the products you have ordered
● Payment Providers - who take and manage payments
● Marketing Companies - who help manage our electronic communications with you
● IT Companies - who support our websites and information systems
We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to anyone else.
We will not sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
● TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
If you place an order with us and you are outside of Sweden we will transfer your personal information to
Although your personal data will be held in Swedish data centres it is sometimes necessary for us to share
your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (or the EEA), so that we can deliver
products and provide services to you or to transfer your personal information to our group companies,
suppliers or service providers based outside of the EEA for the purposes described in this policy. This will
usually be the case when either you, your delivery address or our service providers are located outside the
If this happens, your personal information will continue to be subject to one or more appropriate safeguards
set out in the law. We will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal
information will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ for such transfers
or ensuring that our suppliers sign up to an independent privacy scheme (like the US 'Privacy Shield' scheme).
These methods have been approved by regulators to ensure adequate safeguards are in place.
This includes information about browsing and purchasing behaviour by people who access our websites. This
includes information about pages viewed, products purchased and the customer journey around our websites.
● HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure and use appropriate security
measures to protect your information including:
● encryption of data
● security controls to protect our information systems from external attack
● access controls to our information systems
● logical separation of our systems and information
● penetration testing of systems
● internal information security policies
● personal data and information security training for our employees
● security assessments of all our service providers who may handle your personal information
● never asking you for your passwords;
● advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link
from an email.
We will never ask you for your passwords or to confirm your credit card or payment details via email.
We recommend that you:
● keep your account passwords private
● change your password often
● do not use the same password for multiple accounts or websites
● do not enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email
● security controls to protect our information systems from external attack
● access controls to our information systems
● logical separation of our systems and information
● HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA
Unless we are required to by law, we will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set
out in this policy.
Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any
personal data for is 6 years .
● YOUR RIGHTS
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal data:
You have the right to be informed about certain details on the processing of your data (like this notice!).
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we process about you. You can receive this data by reaching out to us.
You have the right to correct the personal data we process about you if you see that it is inaccurate (note that you also can make corrections directly through your account).
You have the right to withdraw your consent, so if we have asked for your consent to process personal data for a certain purpose, you may withdraw such consent.
You have the right to erasure if:
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected for;
- your particular situation gives you the right to object to processing on grounds of legitimate interest (see more below);
- processing the personal data has been unlawful; or
- there is a legal obligation under EU or Swedish law for us to erase the data.
You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your data if:
- the personal data we have about you is inaccurate;
- the processing is unlawful and you ask us to restrict the use of the personal data instead of erasing it;
- we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but if we still need it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing claiming that the legal basis of legitimate interest is invalid and are waiting for the verification of this claim.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data if:
- you can show that your interests, rights and freedoms regarding the personal data outweigh our interest to process your personal data; or
- we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Please note that the same personal data about you may be used for more than one purposes, so if you object to the use of some information for a certain purpose, the same information may still be used for another purpose which we have explained to you above.
You have the right to data portability:
- for personal data that you provided to us; and
- if the legal basis for the processing of the personal data is the fulfilment of contract or consent.
We will send a copy of your data in a commonly used and machine-readable format to you.
If you want to exercise your rights, send us an email at [email protected]
● THE LEGAL BASIS FOR USING PERSONAL DATA
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of personal data.
We collect and use your personal data because is it necessary:
● for our legitimate interests (as set out below)
● to fulfil our contractual obligations to supply products and services
● to exercise our contractual rights and remedies
● to comply with our legal obligations
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for using your personal data in relation to sending direct
marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent at any
time and, where consent is the only legal basis for processing your personal information, we will cease to
process data after consent is withdrawn.
Normally, the legal basis for using your personal information is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests.
● selling and supplying products and services to our customers
● processing orders and dealing with enquiries from our customers
● managing returns and refunds
● protecting our customers, employees and other individuals
● promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
● sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
● administering reward or loyalty schemes
● understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
● improving existing products and services
● developing new products and services
● complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
● preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour
● handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
● managing insurance claims by customers
● taking appropriate legal action against third parties
● handling legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us
● fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders
● HOW TO CONTACT US
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can contact our privacy team by dropping us a line at [email protected] or else through Customer Service via the aim’n website. Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
Aim Apparel AB
SE-302 41 Halmstad, Sweden
If you are unhappy with the way we process your personal data you can always lodge a complaint with the Swedish data protection authorities at [email protected]
● LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We may partner with trusted service providers to make additional products and services available to you and
may sometimes provide you with links to other websites that are not under our control.
In these instances, we will not be liable to you for any issues with their use of your personal information, the
website content or the products and services offered or provided to you by these websites.
These websites are not owned and operated by us and they are responsible for processing personal data in
conditions on each website to see how your personal information will be used.
● POLICY UPDATES
This Policy was last updated in May 2018.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are data files containing small amounts of information which are placed on your computer or other
devices through your web browser when you visit our websites. This is then sent back to our websites by your
browser and is used to “remember” your computer or device.
Cookies are used on all versions of our websites and in our website applications.
Cookies are designed to enable your computer or device to remember something you have done within that
website (such as remembering that you have logged in, or which buttons you have clicked) and are essential
for the effective operation of our websites and to help you shop online. They are also used to tailor the
products and services offered and advertised to you, both on our websites and elsewhere.
To make full use of our websites and shop online, cookies need to be enabled on your web browser. If you do
not accept, or disable, cookies then certain features on our websites will not work. You will still be able to
browse our websites but will not be able to shop online.
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you visit our websites are either designed by us, or
on our behalf, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our websites or by third parties who
participate with us in marketing programmes or who provide web banner advertisements or other services to
you on our behalf .
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
Some cookies collect information about browsing and purchasing behaviour when you visit our websites. This
includes information about pages viewed, products purchased and your journey around a website.
To help you understand cookies better we have outlined some of the main types below:
These cookies are used to identify If you are logged in as a user, or not. They are important for our websites to
know what information to show you or remind you to log in.
These cookies only last for as long as your browsing session on the website and are normally deleted
automatically when you close your web browser.
These cookies remain after you have finished browsing, so if you visit a website and then return to it sometime
later, the website will “remember” you.
These cookies are set by the domain (or sub-domain) for our websites in your web browser.
These cookies are set by a different domain to the website you are visiting and are used for a variety of
We do not control what information is collected and stored by Third-Party Cookies, or how they are set and we
do not accept any liability in connection with these cookies, you should check the relevant website for more
information about what they do with cookies and how you can manage them. These may include social
networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter. If you share content in this way, the social network may send
cookies to your browser.
For details of the Third-Party Cookies we use please see our COOKIE LIST.
HOW LONG IS THIS INFORMATION KEPT?
Generally, we only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to websites.
Please see our COOKIE LIST for more information.
HOW ARE COOKIES MANAGED?
You have different options to manage the cookies on your computer or device.
You can change your browser settings to prevent cookies from being accepted, or, depending on which
browser you are using, you might be able to receive an alert when a website is trying to place one on your
With most browsers, you can allow First-Party Cookies to be set but refuse to accept Third-Party Cookies.
WHAT ARE COOKEIS USED FOR?
● to recognise customers and understand and facilitate their browsing and shopping behaviour
● to complete orders and fulfil online transactions
● for technical purposes relating to the operation of our websites and navigation
● to improve our websites and you online shopping experience
● to provide you with personalised content, web banner advertisements and targeted updates
● to monitor the success of our online campaigns, sales, promotions and competitions
● to meet our contractual obligations to third parties and manage the relationship with our partners
HOW DO I DISABLE OR DELETE COOKIES?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings.
This will depend on the browser you use and your browser’s 'help' menu should tell you how to disable cookies
or change your cookie settings.
You can also delete cookies stored in your browser by using the functions in your browser. This will not disable
cookies or prevent your browser from collecting them in the future. Deleting cookies on one browser or one
device does not automatically clear them on another.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DISABLE COOKIES?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are
not accepted. However, you will still be able to browse around our websites, although some functions will not
be available, for example you will not be to purchase products, set up a new account or access an existing one.
If you only disable Third-Party Cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our websites.
If you disable ALL cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our websites.
LAST UPDATED: 25 MAY 2018
We will update this list as we make changes to the shopping experience on our websites and as we gather
more information on such cookies or as any cookies change. Whilst we intend to update this page regularly,
there may occasionally be some cookies missing from the list.
NAME TYPE DESCRIPTION
The following Cookies are all used for analytical and targeting purposes:
Google Tag Manager
Facebook Custom Audiences
LAST UPDATED: 25 MAY 2018
Force majeure occurs when external circumstances substantially prevents the performance of an obligation under the agreement, for example war, state intervention, strikes, staff’s illness, shipping disturbances, restrictions on energy supplies, bans, restrictions, declined permissions, import and export restrictions, natural disasters, accidents etc. which reasonably could not have been foreseen when entering into the agreement and which reasonably could not have been avoided or overcome. This applies both to aim'n and to aim'ns sub-contractors.
In the event of force majeure aim'ns obligations are deferred. If the period of force majeure is not of a temporary nature, you as well as aim'n have the right to cancel the purchase agreement without any obligation to pay indemnity arising. Such measures are carried out by contacting aim'ns customer service.
If a dispute regarding these terms and conditions should arise, the consumer should contact aim'ns customer service and try to resolve the disagreement as a first step. A dispute arising out of these terms and conditions shall be brought to the court in the place where the defendant resides. The consumer may also, in accordance with the regulations in the Swedish Code of Judicial Procedure (1942:740) bring a suit to the court in the place where the consumer resides.
The content of the webshop is copyright-protected and is the property of aim'n. All intellectual property rights to the content of the webshop belong to aim'n. It is allowed to download, print, copy and blog about the material on the webshop for your own personal purposes, however not for business purposes. This presumes that the material is not changed and that all intellectual property rights remain reserved aim'n. It is allowed to link to the webshop. All rights reserved. Photographs on the webshop are not to be copied.
Controller of personal data
Aim Apparel AB
300 07 Halmstad
Email: [email protected]
Companies register: Bolagsverket/Swedish Companies Registration
Company registration number: 556958-2207
VAT registration number: VAT NO. SE556958220701